Hydrodemolition is simple, safe and effective way to remove delaminated concrete, remove existing traffic deck membranes, and prepare surfaces to receive toppings and membranes. This unique process utilizes high pressure water create a waterjet stream that becomes a 3-dimensional milling tool.
This "hydromilling" process utilizes a skillful combination of jet impact angle, rotation, traverse, and number of passes to remove anything from concrete patches with sharp unfeathered edges to existing deck membranes or toppings. Precise depth control can be obtained thereby ensuring that excess material is not removed .
Some of the advantages of this system of removal over conventional jackhammer methods are:
- Selective Removal
- Noise, Vibration and Dust are Significantly Reduced
- Increased Bond Strengths by 300%
- Increased Productivity
- Cleans Concrete and Corrosion Products from Steel
- No Damage to Existing Steel or Adjacent Concrete
- Excellent method to remove failed or existing traffic deck systems.